Provide remote IT Support of internal external customers by researching and answering questions; troubleshooting problems; remote diagnosis of technical problems.
- Support local and remote users effectively by phone and remote support tools.
- Resolve or escalates issues to the appropriate resource.
- Provide remote first and second level troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, servers, network related or attached systems.
- Provides updates and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Provide support and resolutions for LAN, remote (VPN, RDP, Citrix) access, and email connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot and configure desktop components
- Assist with physical installations (desktops, laptops, and thin clients)
- Responds to client inquiries about system operation, and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems
- Installing software patches as needed and eradicating spyware/viruses
- Assist with upgrade implementations, application support, and network infrastructure expansion
- Provide remote or onsite training of proposed solutions
Skills and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on established business practices
- Collaborative work ethic with a strong drive to learn and share knowledge
- Highly organized with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Proper phone etiquette
- Knowledge of software computer applications and equipment
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good
- Multitasking capabilities
- Quality focus
- Problem solver
- Operating system, PC, LAN proficiency
- Help desk experience (Asset)
- Remote Management and Monitoring experience (Asset)
- Clean police background check
- Experience in an IT help desk support role
- Experience with Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems, Apple OS experience a plus
- Preferred candidates have at least one current certification: MCITP, MCSE, Network+ or similar
- Base Compensation: $30,000 -$40,000 (based on experience and qualifications)
- Pension Plan: Available after 2 years of employment
- Health and Medical Coverage: Available after 90 days
- Auto Expenses: Compensation paid by KM, varies monthly (tied to fuel prices)
- Training: Approved certifications reimbursed on successful completion
Download this career as a PDF: Help Desk Support Technician